BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Affiliate Marketing Talk

Define Small Business Marketing

Talk about anything relating to Affiliate Marketing here.

by Marco » 2015-11-14 10:22

This is probably one of the most interesting questions, and misunderstood in the business world. For some people, marketing is about creating advertising slogans that attract customers' attention. For some others, it is about promoting your business on social media channels to build customer intimacy. Some people also equate with the ability to create a strong brand (read Apple), which will create a cult following with customers. Can you really describe marketing within narrow limits?
Marco

by Brandon » 2015-11-14 23:35

Marketing is the first of five phases in a process of eight steps, but fuzzy, confused thinking and dissemination of dangerously misleading definitions by self-proclaimed "marketing gurus" — reinforced by sellers who think that marketing is just one more buyer-friendly synonym for selling — created a toxic desert of ignorance and misunderstanding everywhere.
Brandon

by Robert » 2015-11-15 17:16

Great vision and totally agree with you. Most of the so-called marketing gurus is tantamount to advertising, but it's much more than that. Thank you for your contribution.
Robert

by Herman » 2015-11-16 3:14

Good job, which I do not intend to be a so-called marketing guru, the way you reach the so-called marketing gurus.

But I like to keep things simple. (That's why I offer the formula of success of Frederick simple.)

For me, there are only two parts to any business-production and marketing-definition of being, everything inside the gate of the factory is the production and everything outside the gate of the factory's Marketing.

There! Need not be more complicated than that.

You are welcome!
Herman

by Garry » 2015-11-17 1:59

Make things simple. Essentially what you are saying is that every business has two aspects of internal activities (Marketing, finance, HR, etc.) and external (Marketing, customer relations, etc.)

Obviously there is more to each of these activities once you start to go deeper into them.

On your point about marketing gurus not all of them are bad, but there are several of them who want to increase their sales by 50% overnight and those are the ones you need to be careful about. Marketing is a long-term process and involves many other organizations to get it right.
Garry

Return to Affiliate Marketing Talk