BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Tutorials and Guides

Is there anyone can help me my website got attacked?

Affiliate Marketing tutorials and guides. Learn from the masters and earn like an Internet Marketing pro.

by Samuel » 2015-07-16 16:13

Hello guys in this forum.
My website was attacked yesterday and i o=lost it. I really need someone to help or tell me how to recover it now. The website is 3 years old and full of epic content that GREAT names in the online marketing world loves. Can anyone help?
Samuel

by daisy826 » 2015-07-18 9:30

You can call your hosting company and get them to revert it to the last stable revision.

If you self-hosted, well I guess you learned why you need to send yourself a backup every so often
daisy826

by Samuel » 2015-07-20 10:31

I feel so sad hear that, but contact your host, however if you are not paying for backups or if they don't include them as part of their service... you may be out of luck.

Also, I have had a lot of clients recently who are with HostGator, lets say on a 20GB account with 7GB used... yet they are WAY over their 'inodes' usage as allowed by HG... and this means that at least with the accounts Ihave looked at... that their backups are not being performed by HG.

Most clients have NO IDEA this is the case and I even had one client who's last backup was over a year ago because of the inodes issue.

Hopefully your host has a backup you can use to keep you from having complete data loss, I've been there myself and it is quite devastating.

Good luck!
Samuel

Return to Tutorials and Guides