BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Other Engines

Your Domain Age Plays An Important Role In SEO?

Other Engines forum discussing any other search engine not listed above, including Asian and European search engines. Alternative engines include Baidu.com, Alibaba, Kosmix, Jadoo, and more.

by Francis » 2012-07-21 10:46

Hello friends...

I am confused about the age of the domain. Please tell me, does domain age matter to get good ranking?

Thanks in advance.
Francis

by August » 2012-07-21 23:35

It matters the age of your domain. The older, better, to a point. Basically what Google does not have to worry about this website be removed soon after its creation. This happens more often then you might think. Google will only see a website if you don't have any content added to it, and then manages to eliminate a few months.

I do not know exactly how much it affects say your PR or rankings search and I'm not 100% but I think after a certain period of its existence of domains say 2 years, fails to help. I do not see a site badly get ranking better simply because it has existed since the beginning of the internet.
August

by Cheney » 2012-07-22 12:16

It matters the age of your domain. The older, better, to a point. Basically what Google does not have to worry about this website be removed soon after its creation. This happens more often then you might think. Google will only see a website if you don't have any content added to it, and then manages to eliminate a few months.

I do not know exactly how much it affects say your PR or rankings search and I'm not 100% but I think after a certain period of its existence of domains say 2 years, fails to help. I do not see a site badly get ranking better simply because it has existed since the beginning of the internet.
Cheney

by Franklin » 2012-07-23 18:24

I'm pretty sure, as with most of the related information algorithm, we can not be sure.

However, I think that it has some importance, although it has probably declined in importance in recent years.

There are certainly many other factors that you should focus on before the age of the domain
Franklin

by Forrest » 2012-07-24 10:27

Age of domain name may not be the only thing but I've seen some comments about the length of record playing a part. For example, if you register a domain for 5 years instead of 1, indicates google who are committed to building the domain in the long term. It is public information that is the database by due date.
Forrest

by Randall » 2012-07-25 1:45

I think it does matters, actually experts advice not care more domains without history because of Google sandbox. And although Google doesnt accept its existance my experience says the it exists!
Randall

Return to Other Engines