BlackHatPlus.com

A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Can I if linking from the penalized site to the new one ?

Google Optimization forum discussing techniques to increase rank in Google. Find help for defeating spam pages, building site trust, and figuring out the Google algorithm. Also read about the best SEO tools to help with Google search.

by Fernando » 2015-11-06 13:13

Hello friends in this forum.
Last year I got a penalty from Google for having unnatural links. While frustrating because I was new to the game, I've got on okay since then. I've done everything I can to disavow and get rid of bad links and upgrade my marketing skills and the site.

However, I am in the process of rewriting all the content and creating another version of the site. It's completely unique, and I am starting fresh in case I can't recover from the next update. They are both hosted on the same server,

I was curious if linking from the penalized site to the new one will result in an unnatural link. I am trying to redirect my users to the new site. I could no follow it, but is there any negative effects from giving my own site a link? Big companies do this all the time, but I guess the game is different for the small biz folks.
Fernando

by SeanKidman » 2015-11-07 9:30

For your question is your Manual action-Unnatural links removed from webmaster tools? Did you send a reconsideration request to Google??

Redirecting penalized website to new website.It will affect new sites rankings.
SeanKidman

by Jessica » 2015-11-08 10:18

Yes it will. Backlinks from penalized sites to new site will affect to new site ranking.Try to recover your old site before redirect to new one.
Jessica

by Vickey » 2015-11-10 16:30

Jessica wrote:Yes it will. Backlinks from penalized sites to new site will affect to new site ranking.Try to recover your old site before redirect to new one.

I have decided against linking the sites even though they are hosted separately.
Vickey

Return to Google Optimization