BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

SEO Chat Articles

If my seo client is very impatient ,how could I do?

SEO Chat Articles forum discussing articles that are published on http://forum.blackhatplus.com. This forum is only for debating and commenting on those optimization reviews, news and opinion articles, and SEO tutorials.

by VivianMediaService » 2015-07-19 13:16

This is what I encountered alright so i have this client who ordered my services at the beginning of june. I am currently working on a total of 20 keywords for him (some are pretty competitive) so it has been 2 months and i have about 8 of his keywords on page one and 3 of those keywords are in the top 3. Now the problem is that he expects to start getting some sales on his websites since he has picked up a good amount traffic since some of his keywords have reached page one.

As of right now (he says) that he hasn't received one sale and that maybe the keywords HE picked out for me to rank aren't $$ keywords. Now the question is.... Was i wrong to rank his keywords without doing proper research on his keywords to make sure that they would make him money when they got ranked? He seemed pretty sure that the keywords he wanted me to work on would make him money once they reached google page one. Is he being impatient and if so how should i deal with this? This is my first time that someone got angry at me for getting them on google page one atleast for a good bit of his keywords.

Any help in this matter would be great!
VivianMediaService

by JudeSeoer » 2015-07-20 16:32

I am a little confused ...It sounds as if you sold him sales instead of SEO services. I have no advice other than to caution you against doing that again (if you even did it at all). If not, maybe you can (gently) remind the client that you sold him a search engine position and not a sales quota.
JudeSeoer

by Littleroman » 2015-07-21 13:16

JudeSeoer wrote:I am a little confused ...It sounds as if you sold him sales instead of SEO services. I have no advice other than to caution you against doing that again (if you even did it at all). If not, maybe you can (gently) remind the client that you sold him a search engine position and not a sales quota.

I will try
Littleroman

by Toby » 2015-07-23 12:57

VivianMediaService wrote:This is what I encountered alright so i have this client who ordered my services at the beginning of june. I am currently working on a total of 20 keywords for him (some are pretty competitive) so it has been 2 months and i have about 8 of his keywords on page one and 3 of those keywords are in the top 3. Now the problem is that he expects to start getting some sales on his websites since he has picked up a good amount traffic since some of his keywords have reached page one.

As of right now (he says) that he hasn't received one sale and that maybe the keywords HE picked out for me to rank aren't $$ keywords. Now the question is.... Was i wrong to rank his keywords without doing proper research on his keywords to make sure that they would make him money when they got ranked? He seemed pretty sure that the keywords he wanted me to work on would make him money once they reached google page one. Is he being impatient and if so how should i deal with this? This is my first time that someone got angry at me for getting them on google page one atleast for a good bit of his keywords.

Any help in this matter would be great!

That is not your fault, as a SEO expert, what you could do it to rank his keywords well, the other things are not your role. You should not always consider him, and he should consider about you, you have done your job well.
Toby

Return to SEO Chat Articles