BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

SEO Chat Articles

How to find the vistor's ip through Google Analytics

SEO Chat Articles forum discussing articles that are published on http://forum.blackhatplus.com. This forum is only for debating and commenting on those optimization reviews, news and opinion articles, and SEO tutorials.

by Kyle » 2015-11-08 16:30

How to find the vistor's ip through Google Analytics?
Kyle

by Marvin » 2015-11-09 10:01

Tell you the truth Google Analytics does not natively include visitor IP address among the information you can see.

If you can run PHP scripts on your site, I found these instructions. I have not tested them myself and do not vouch for their accuracy or efficacy.

As an alternative (or if your site doesn't accommodate PHP scripts), you should be able to use another analytics package to review your actual server visitor logs.
Marvin

by Benedict » 2015-11-11 12:14

Actually, if you are either using PC or MAC you can use the dos shell or terminal (respectively) and these traces term (tracert on a PC) and it will show each hop along the way - your machine, router - switch - etc .. ,
Conversely, if you have a 'switch' really should have an interface IP address that you can log into and know the individual IP for each port.
Benedict

by Cornell » 2015-11-12 16:07

You just use Google Analytics to find it, there are some options, you could find the visitor's countries, browsers and IP, just be patient to find them. If you don't know how to use Google Analytics, you could watch a video on youtube to know how to use Google Analytics.
Cornell

Return to SEO Chat Articles