BlackHatPlus.com

A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

21 Important SEO Tips You Should Know

SEO Chat Articles forum discussing articles that are published on http://forum.blackhatplus.com. This forum is only for debating and commenting on those optimization reviews, news and opinion articles, and SEO tutorials.

by Flowers » 2015-12-12 10:19

1. engage in the process. SEO is not a one-time event. Search engine algorithms change regularly, so the tactics that worked last year may not work this year. SEO requires a long-term Outlook and a commitment.

2. be patient. SEO is not an instant gratification. Results often take months to see, and this is especially true the smaller you are, and the most recent is for doing business online.

3. ask lots of questions when hiring an SEO company. It is his work to know what tactics the company uses. Request specific data. Ask if there is any risk. Then get online and do your own research - about the company, approaches of the tactics discussed and so on.

4. become a student of SEO. If you are taking the route do it yourself, you will have to become a student of SEO and learn as much as you can. Luckily for you, there are a lot of great resources on the Web (such as land search engine) and several excellent books which you can read. Book of SEO Aaron Wall, small guide business Jennifer Laycock of Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization: an hour a day by Jennifer Grappone and Gradiva Couzin are three I read and recommend.

5. take web analytics into the home. You must have clearly defined objectives for their SEO efforts, and that you will need software of web analytics in place so you can follow what is working and what doesn't.

6. build a great web site. I'm sure that you want to appear on the first page of results. Ask yourself, "does my site, really one of the 10 best places in the world on this subject? Be honest. If it isn't, do better.

7. include a site map page. The spiders can not index pages that can not be tracked. A site map help spiders find all the important pages on your website and help the spider to understand the hierarchy of your site. This is especially useful if your site has a menu of navigation difficult tracking. If your site is large, make several pages from the site map. Keep each less than 100 links. I say to clients 75 is the maximum to be safe.

8. do SEO-friendly URLs. Use keywords in your URL and file names, such as yourdomain.com/red-widgets.html. Don't overdo it, however. File with 3 + scripts tends to look for waste and users can be doubts that click on it. Related bonus tip: use of hyphens in URLs and file names, not underlined. Hyphens are treated as a "space", although he stresses it is not.

9. do research of keywords at the beginning of the project. If you are on a tight budget, use the free versions of discovery of the keyword or WordTracker, which also paid versions have more powerful. Ignore the numbers that indicate these tools; What is important is the relative volume of one keyword to another. Another good free tool is tool of keywords in Google AdWords, showing no exact numbers.

10. open a PPC account. Whether it's Google AdWords or Yahoo Search Marketing, or other thing, this is a great way to get actual volume of search for your keywords. Yes, it costs money, but if you have the budget worth the investment. Also is the solution if you liked the suggestion of "Be patient" above and are looking for instant visibility.

11. use a description of title and unique and relevant meta on each page. The page title is the most important factor in SEO page. It is highly rare rank for a primary term (2-3 words) without term being part of the title of the page. Label description meta will not help you rank, but it often appears as the fragment of text below your list, so it should include the relevant keywords and write in order to encourage researchers to click on your ad. Bonus tips: you can ignore in joint meta keywords if you want; nearby are inconsequential. If you use it, put there spelling and everything related to key words that do not appear on the page.

12. the first type for users. Google, Yahoo, etc., are quite powerful robots crawl the web, but I know these bots have never bought anything online, signed up for a newsletter, or took the phone to call on their services. Humans do things, so write your copy of page with humans in mind. Yes, you need keywords in the text, but not things each page like a Thanksgiving Turkey. Keep readable.

13. create great unique content. This is important for everyone, but it is a particular challenge for online retailers. If you are selling the same widget that 50 other retailers are selling, and everyone is using repetitive manufacturer descriptions, this is a great opportunity. Write your own product descriptions, using the above key words research (see former #9) objective use of search engine of real words and makes the product pages that blow to competition. In addition, retailer or not, great content is a great way to get inbound links.

14. use your keywords as text anchor when databinding internally. Text help anchor says spiders try to the linked page. Links that say "click here" do nothing for their search engine visibility.

15. build smart links. Submit your site to the quality, trusted directories like Yahoo, DMOZ, Business.com, Aviva and the best of the web. Search links from authority sites in your industry. If important local search for you (rather than up), check for links from sites of trust in their geographic area, the Chamber of Commerce, etc.. Analyze the inbound links to your competition to find links that can also be purchased.

16. wisely use press releases. Develop a relationship with the media that cover your industry or your local area can be a great source of exposure, including to get links on web sites of the media trust. Distribute online versions can be an effective link building tactic and opens the door for the exhibition in search of news sites. Related bonus tip: only issued a press release when you have something interesting to report. Don't waste time of journalists.

17. start a blog and participate with other related blogs. Search engines, Google in particular, love blogs fresh content and very structured data. Beyond that, there is a better way to join the conversations that are already taking place about your industry or company. Reading and commenting on other blogs also can increase your exposure and help you acquire new links. Related bonus tip: put your blog at yourdomain.com/blog so your primary domain gets the benefit of the links to their blogs. If it is not possible, use blog.yourdomain.com.

18. use of social media marketing wisely. If your business has a visual element, join the relevant communities on Flickr and post photos of high quality. If you are a service-oriented company, use Yahoo answers to position yourself as an expert in your industry. In any other social networking site you use, the first rule is not spam! Be an active, contributing Member of the website. The idea is to interact with potential customers, do not disturb.

19. seize the opportunities of local search. Research online buy offline is a growing trend. Optimize your website to capture local traffic showing your address and prominent local phone number. Write a detailed page for directions/location in neighborhoods, places of interest, the text on the page. Submit your site to services free classifieds of places that offer the major search engines. Make sure that your site is listed in local and social directories like CitySearch, Yelp, Local.com, etc. and encourage customers to leave reviews of your business on these sites, also.

20. leverage tools that search engines will give you. Sign in to webmaster Google Central and Yahoo Site Explorer to learn more about how the search engines see your website, including input how many links are aware of.

21. diversify your sources of traffic. Google can bring 70% of your traffic today, but what if the next big algorithm update hits you hard? What happens if your visibility Google disappears tomorrow? Newsletters and other content based on Subscriber can help keep traffic and customers regardless of what they do search engines. In fact, many of the two in this list - creating great content, from a blog, using social media and search of premises, etc. - help grow an audience loyal and potential customers that can help you to survive the vagaries of search engines.
Flowers

by Forrest » 2015-12-13 15:53

Very useful tips, thank you so much! You know, i always have no patience when i have done much work, but no any results. You just inspired me.
Forrest

by Randall » 2015-12-14 2:26

Flowers, i’m so happy that i found out your blog, and your blog is the best SEO i’ve ever seen on the web. Thanks for the points shared and i look forward to knowing you better, because i really need you to help. Thanks
Randall

by Oliver » 2015-12-15 18:47

I have seen hell lot of websites these days about internet marketing and seo stuff. But, your site is awesome and this is the best in terms of what you have. The content you publish is right to the point and brings hope for a newbie. I discontinued many websites 2 years back and I am starting a few again. I am daily browsing through a few websites by creating alerts related to seo and stuff like that.
Oliver

Return to SEO Chat Articles