BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Web Development

Using Some Back-End Output To Build A Website

by Warren » 2016-02-16 10:17

And therefore. I have a project / idea that you need a website, which will be responsive design, and we will have some forms for users to fill. You will need to capture data and have it accessible.

I'm a newbie programmer, but did not consume a lot of free online resources - I've got myself to the basic level in HTML / CSS, JavaScript, and the level of crappier in Python. I built the basic things with all of them, nothing crazy. I am pretty decent at the logic and learn new things, even if you need something else as part of the solution, please do not hesitate to say, I am ready!

So the question (s):

1 Will I be able to build a website responds As a beginner? Should I use a frame? Any pointers?

2 site will be forms / scripts to fill in the fields and I need to pick up the data - how do I do this? Can I use language like Python background - or should I learn something like PHP? Which one is advised? Where can I store data? (An area providers have usually store, or do and put it on my computer, or you have to buy server space? - Will not have a ton of data)

3 basic site with a few pages, and perhaps four pages of forms to fill out, and how much this sound like it will take for a novice?

I know that I could pay someone, but I use this as a learning coding on top of the project per se experience, so I do not mind if it takes a little longer.

Thanks for any help / advice!
Warren

by Marco » 2016-02-16 22:07

1) Yes, you can build a Web site to respond as a beginner. Take a look to the CSS and the use of "media inquiries". This is the heart of the design response. You can use the very frame if you wish. If Python is your thing, then look at the Django framework.

2) it is usually capture data by providing the kind of text form from the server-side. If you go Python and Django, then unzip it will have a helper functions methods to deal with the provision of data as well as how then store this data in a database. Largely 99.9% of the total web hosting provides database storage. It is the main component and do not get a set without some sort of database. Most of the cell. As for the storage disk for files, depending may very widely on how much you are willing to pay. I would not get any plan under 5 GB of storage. Also do not be cheap, and pay for the group and expect to pay $ 10- $ 25 a month.

3) This may take a newbie a few days. Once you build a single model, the others will get easier to do. The longest part is building your website template and choose colors and graphics and font styles. Especially if you are a bit of perfection.
Marco

by Brandon » 2016-02-17 18:34

If you also find Django daunting, you might want to look at the bottle, which is the smallest of the Python web application framework.
Brandon

by Robert » 2016-02-18 2:16

The solution to use Django and python seems too complicated for me. Perhaps this is not so. I really do not IDEs. But if all you need is to pick up some small amount of data from the form, and that the site should be a response, and then use a very simple boot.
Boot and lots of templates you can use and build on. All you have to do is pretty much copy and paste it into the HTML file. They have a lot of categories that can only be added in the code, such as if you want to make an image response.

Moreover, if you want to capture data that is written in the text boxes, and this could be done through a JavaScript application, fire up some of the events with respect to offering of a button *, use and store them anywhere you want (such as put in the variables and the information is stored in a text file).

I know HTML5 has built-in models that use the <input type = "..."> symtax. It submitbuttons her own as well, such as <input type = "submit" />. I'm very interested in how this works, how to write a history and family.

* You may not use the <input type = "submit" /> for this, just use the normal button like <button type = "button"> submit </ button>
Robert

by Herman » 2016-02-18 19:06

I am more likely to get some hate for this ... but you can learn ASP.NET MVC5, it's very strong. My first (and current) programming function that is what was required to learn and quick to learn. It's not as hard as people say it is, and controller / model / logic of the opinion that it is easier to understand once you become familiar with it. Guidance can be obtained as areas can be difficult. VS2015 Community Edition is so cool, it's a professional edition for individuals and small businesses. So it allows you to have a free TFS for five or fewer users. As for the development of the network we use this for all our requests so I guess I'm a little biased. But check it out, you may wish to do so, I figured I would give you an alternative.
Herman

by Garry » 2016-02-19 14:31

One big negative for ASP.NET is that good servers can get very pricey. Microsoft's technology comes at a premium. We expect to be paying more if you go this way. At least if you want a decent service.

It's also "heavier" technology, more aimed at the use of the company's sites on a small scale. There are a little more pregnancies in setting it up and learn it. (Although I admit I am not very familiar with the revisions in later MVC Microsoft) stuff.

I generally advise novices to stay away from all of the net and Java as a first language. Would be something along the lines of Python, Rails, PHP, or even Nod.ja feeds are my suggestions.
Garry

by Berry » 2016-03-22 10:21

Guys, thank you so much. I am really afraid of build a website before, but this is really a nice thread, i have learnt a lot since i join this big family. I hope to read more useful posts.
Berry

Return to Web Development