BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Web Development

Tips for dealing with many similar websites

by Hubert » 2016-02-03 15:13

Hi there! I'm pretty new to programming and web development. Recently, I've been doing web maintenance of a friend, who owns more than 100 domain names with the websites of markers very similar position on them. So when I ask you, for example, correct a grammatical error, the error comes out more than 100 times, and I have to fix, like ftp and upload files more than 100 times. After doing this three times, and spending about 20 hours, I thought to myself, I'm sure someone else in this world has a similar set, and they probably have some elegant solution for hours of repetitive work. So I tried Google, but all I could find is companies maintaining websites.

I have written a program in C ++ to do the job search and replace for me, and I guess you could extend that to do things FTP too. If anyone has any experience in a situation like this, or could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.
Hubert

by Andrew » 2016-02-04 2:51

It would be strange to have 100 sites with the same content. Some kind of business BlackHat SEO?

As it is - to turn everyone into a "content management system 'multi-shift data to a database and if all of them encoded the same data, then it would be a quicker solution.
Andrew

by Shawn » 2016-02-04 22:54

If the templates for all sites are basically the same, I just put a single server and have all domains point there. I then populate the template assumes that the domain name is used for application in the same manner websites charge different languages in one locale based on site.

Even if there is any difference in the templates for some of the domains, it would not be difficult to change the template files based on the domain either.
Shawn

Return to Web Development