BlackHatPlus.com

A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Anyone build a web development platform?

by Randall » 2016-01-20 10:20

very novice coder here.
Is there anyone who has tried to build a web development platform?
I want to start something very basic. A function of the user name, sign-in / signout, with the ability for users to embed themes.
It seems to me that the basic platform will allow you to use their own platform to create the service. Would there be any reason why this did not happen?
For example if you make a mark in a function in the word press sites that can make it possible for users to use the word press themes in their accounts etc?
Randall

by Matt » 2016-01-20 22:37

For something like issues it is just a group of custom settings that apply when the user is in a meeting. So to ensure that you can allow a user to customize your theme and experience. You can do this on existing platforms such as Wordpress (eg member wishes lets you do all sorts of things with its members) and could make use of your own custom settings. Again, if I give the user an option to save the title of a color, just save your choice and next time you log look up the option specified and the green color of the title.

It is actually a simple mechanism.
Matt

by Adrian » 2016-01-21 12:49

What exactly do you mean when say "development platform"? What is an example? Why do you want to build your own versus using an existing one?
Adrian

by Julio » 2016-01-22 10:17

From the description I'm guessing something like wix.com? Wix is nothing but a jump of any generic CMS ... in this case, I think the quick and dirty route would be to store all the CSS and the theme of fantasy in a database and output for each ID person.
Julio

Return to Web Development