BlackHatPlus.com

A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Is A Misspelled Keyword Effective?

Search Engine Optimization forum discussing general tips and tricks to optimize your website for the search engines as a white hat. Find ideas to fine tune your website for top rankings using on-page optimization tactics.

by Edmund » 2016-02-14 16:16

There are misspellings of keywords out there, at least the misspelled the brand name. If they have a high and low level of competition it's still worth trying to use it?

Littmann stethoscope brand name has a high competition and 50000 search.

Another option is Litman stethoscope with a low-90000 comptetition and searches, though misspelled seems to be the better option. It looks like there may be a catch. Such a credibility for misspelling the name of the brand.

What do you think?
Edmund

by Christian » 2016-02-15 2:52

Google tries to fix spelling of miss by providing the correct spelling and mixing results. I as a user would normally click on spelling corrected to customize my results. With a campaign I usually use them but low volume is misspelled. I would consider this an indication that lot of users click the spelling correction options as well.
Christian

by Benjamin » 2016-02-15 21:28

I would suggest that somewhere on the page, you might want to make a statement that is often mistaken for a Littmann stethoscope Litman stethoscope.

That way, you have both the spelling on a page and you don't look silly or like someone who can't spell.

Have a good luck!
Benjamin

by Earnest » 2016-02-16 11:57

Google is trying to correct the misspelled word, so you may not need to include them, at least not in high volume.

For example, try searching for Google or or something like that; I'm pretty sure you will be posted to the main page of Google.
Earnest

by Wesley » 2016-02-16 23:09

If you are referring to using keywords in your site content, I will be careful.

I do not use words that are misspelled, well maybe once or twice, but have used them in conjunction with the correct spelling.

I know many will disagree, but using the misspelling can make it look like you don't know how to spell ... This could backfire, depending on the industry.
Wesley

Return to Search Engine Optimization