BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Search Engine Optimization

The Steps To Do SEO For Beginner

Search Engine Optimization forum discussing general tips and tricks to optimize your website for the search engines as a white hat. Find ideas to fine tune your website for top rankings using on-page optimization tactics.

by Randall » 2016-02-09 10:15

I got a site recently, but how it to be optimized for search engines. Where you start and what steps you plan and apply to get the best possible results. Please share your experience.
Randall

by Matt » 2016-02-09 22:07

Websites are much like diamonds ... they both take several facets to shine. For that reason, there is no magic bullet for SEO. There are several issues that need to be addressed.

If I were starting out, the first thing to do is sit with (brainstorming) different words / phrases or terms that people would be expected to put in a search box to find. What is your customer looking for? Build that list (and never stops growing) and start with the content of those terms. A page of content should be between 250-500 words or more if you want ... and includes many of the terms / phrases related to that topic.

With good content, I would like to work in page titles and meta descriptions for each page. I know some will say that meta descriptions do not matter, but I have seen some of my pages rank high in search not necessarily for the title ... but for the terms used in the description of the goal.

So in summary, good original content that is placed on pages with relevant titles and meta descriptions well needed.

After that, and depending on your business, put emphasis on things that use bullet points and strategy linking the site to make sure it includes relevant anchor text on your links.
Matt

by Adrian » 2016-02-10 15:32

Many ways to optimize a website. But before optimizing it, you must first identify certain key points. First off what kind of site are you optimizing, identify the sites niche so you'll know where to promote the website.

Next is keywords, choose the right keywords for your site. Research these on the internet to have some good keywords.

Next check out the competition. if a certain keyword has millions and millions of competition then its advisable to look for a new one.

Once these are all done, you can then start out on optimizing it. There are a lot of ways to optimize a site, like blog post, social bookmarking, etc....
Adrian

by Julio » 2016-02-11 1:03

I will give you my steps to do seo.

(1) Choose your keywords carefully. Make sure you are keywords that maximize their chances of success collecting.

(2) Build your web pages.

(3) For each page on your site, focus on a keyword.

(4) Title, Header <h1>, and the body text (more than 400 words in my opinion, although many say less) are your priorities.

(5) The meta-tags are like believing in God according to Pascal's wager. It does not hurt, and might help, so add the two keyword tags and description.

That's all for SEO on-page. Off-page involves trying to acquire backlinks from relevant content elsewhere.
Julio

by Abraham » 2016-02-11 21:17

This is a great thing, what should we do and where we should start. There are over 200+ terms that affect search engine rankings and we have to consider more and more things in our strategy and it must be in accordance with the guidelines of google and other search engines.

The second step is,

Can your website beat your competition or you will wast your time.

I mean by analyzing the competition, do it before the start.
Abraham

by Hubert » 2016-02-12 10:29

Search engine optimization requires a long-term vision and commitment. You need to have a good website design. By using the title, tags and title keyword optimization good search results. Research on which keywords to use. Let your competitor research (there is always a good heads-up). The establishment of good content on your website, remember to generate a lot of traffic is not enough. You must convert those sales.
Hubert

Return to Search Engine Optimization