BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Search Engine Optimization

Do metadescriptions play an big role in good seo?

Search Engine Optimization forum discussing general tips and tricks to optimize your website for the search engines as a white hat. Find ideas to fine tune your website for top rankings using on-page optimization tactics.

by Carlos » 2016-02-10 10:17

I see a million ads to increase the SEO person who covers the basics such as meta tags, metadescriptions, etc.

I check out my blog at HubSpot. It has a rating of 98% from 100%, and about 2,100 of the 315,000 blogs rank. Now, I have NO metadescriptions in blog - at least HubSpot spiders can not find, and it's in the report. So this rule of thumb about SEO that is sufficiently reliable or there are so many things that go into the seo optimization, lack of something is not always important. Everything I do on my blog is a blog without gimmicks ..
Carlos

by Edmund » 2016-02-11 12:18

Personally I think the meta description is necessary. It is difficult to believe that your blog will hit the top 10 with no parameters. If you post a link I would be more than happy to analyze it.
Edmund

by Benjamin » 2016-02-12 17:47

Meta description helps potential users viewing your site through a search on a search engine. It can help them decide to click through and potentially generating sales or ad clicks. Now, if you have poor or no meta description at all they might be tired to give you and your website and you may lose the opportunity.
Benjamin

by Wesley » 2016-02-13 16:52

Meta tags is not for user who has for the crawler search engine, in which you can define target keywords to online promotion training!
Wesley

by Nicolos » 2016-02-15 3:17

Yes, it is very important for SEO and also gets your website in top search result if you add your primary keyword in Meta Description.
Nicolos

by Cruise » 2016-02-15 6:30

Carlos wrote:I see a million ads to increase the SEO person who covers the basics such as meta tags, metadescriptions, etc.

I check out my blog at HubSpot. It has a rating of 98% from 100%, and about 2,100 of the 315,000 blogs rank. Now, I have NO metadescriptions in blog - at least HubSpot spiders can not find, and it's in the report. So this rule of thumb about SEO that is sufficiently reliable or there are so many things that go into the seo optimization, lack of something is not always important. Everything I do on my blog is a blog without gimmicks ..

A meta-tag description is of this form:
< meta NAME = "description" CONTENT = "A concise description of your webpage content." >
This is the description that appears with the title of the site. It also appears as a site Summary in many search engines so it has to be carefully designed. It must be a maximum of 170 to 200 words and should be descriptive, but concise and engaging. This is what makes the search bot task easy to categorize a website according to the keywords and also allows users to see the relevance of a webpage in relation to your query.
Cruise

Return to Search Engine Optimization