BlackHatPlus.com

A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

How to choose Niche for my website

Search Engine Optimization forum discussing general tips and tricks to optimize your website for the search engines as a white hat. Find ideas to fine tune your website for top rankings using on-page optimization tactics.

by Toby » 2015-12-30 13:25

Hi all

First post since I have learned so much for the past few months and I think I need experience now (keep in mind that I'm still a newbie).

Anyway, I need advice on what you think is best-keep in mind that I will focus on the site I'm building, as much as possible for as long as I can.

1. make a website to promote a certain ClickBank product

2. make a website that promotes many Clickbank products in a particular category of sub-an example would be the subcategory Stress Management (don't do this btw)

I will focus all my attention on the site (in terms of content, seo, etc.) and be sure to choose a niche/s that interest me. I will be promoting the niche/s at least 6 months so I guess I'm a little in the long run.

I am appreciated for your answer.
Toby

by Klein » 2015-12-31 12:17

I would recommend going for a niche site, instead of promoting a single product.

You can earn money promoting a single product, but tends to be short lived because people are not likely to be looking for "review of product X", so a few more months.

Many traders watch for new products to be released and are going to buy domain names like:

Then, create a product review and let the search engines for the rest. This can make a few bucks for a couple of months, more or less, but usually does not last much more than that.

With a complete niche site you can have a much longer shelf life. If you're saying some weight loss sub category, you can create a site that promotes a lot of different products (product reviews can work great here), but since you're not stuck with a product, you can constantly adding new customers to the site.

Anyway, make sure you are collecting email addresses as your list is to go through even if you're not ranking in the search engines for longer.
Klein

by Carlton » 2016-01-01 14:11

I would say it would be more profitable to make a website with a lot of products, but it is much harder to outrank the competition. You know, everything is possible when start small, and step by step work your way through.
Carlton

by Patrick » 2016-01-02 13:19

Toby wrote:Hi all

First post since I have learned so much for the past few months and I think I need experience now (keep in mind that I'm still a newbie).

Anyway, I need advice on what you think is best-keep in mind that I will focus on the site I'm building, as much as possible for as long as I can.

1. make a website to promote a certain ClickBank product

2. make a website that promotes many Clickbank products in a particular category of sub-an example would be the subcategory Stress Management (don't do this btw)

I will focus all my attention on the site (in terms of content, seo, etc.) and be sure to choose a niche/s that interest me. I will be promoting the niche/s at least 6 months so I guess I'm a little in the long run.

I am appreciated for your answer.

According to me you first check your competitor then Chosen your keyword Low or High,
but my suggestion use Low competitive keyword better for easy to improve ranking or traffic.
Patrick

by Gilbert » 2016-01-04 4:46

You need to do a phrase search to find keywords in your niche that are not as competitive. This can sometimes be a long-tail keyword.
To know how competitive a keyword is take a look at the advertiser's bar; if it is fully green then there is a lot of competition for it. If it has some white in it, then there may be room for you.
Next go to Google and do a search for your keyword to find out how many websites are targetting your keyword.
Use allintitle:"yourkeyword" . If you see less than 5000 sites, you stand a chance of getting in there with good SEO.
Gilbert

Return to Search Engine Optimization