BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Programming Tutorials

Would learning JavaFX be ideal for this application?

by Norman » 2016-02-17 8:05

Hey, I had my first java class and we never (grade two) this GUI. My goal is to learn how to make some simple 2D games that will work cross-platform (desktop, android / iOS) and finally make the game more complex as I learn more. I heard JavaFX good for this. JavaFX will learn ideal for this application? If so, please feel free to share your helpful related links. Thank you!
Norman

by Frederick » 2016-02-18 12:06

You can use anything you want. If you want to learn JavaFX, you have to start learning it. From the sound though, you have not seen a lot and rely on others to do the searching for you.
Frederick

by Norman » 2016-02-18 23:25

Frederick wrote:You can use anything you want. If you want to learn JavaFX, you have to start learning it. From the sound though, you have not seen a lot and rely on others to do the searching for you.

sorry if it came off that way, I've read all day. In my book that gives clues about the swing, but I wanted to see if it is best for what I do so googled and found the java 2d and information JavaFX, from what I read the swing was discontinued and JavaFX will replace it. This is my first time making the user interface and just wanted to run it with the community to see if I learn something right to get the game 2d made, while learning something valuable that I would be able to be used for other projects as I Learn more ,

I have seen the oracle documentation / tutorials on JavaFX and think im taking the basics, but the tutorials on their site doesnt go too far.
Norman

by Frederick » 2016-02-19 12:19

Norman wrote:
Frederick wrote:You can use anything you want. If you want to learn JavaFX, you have to start learning it. From the sound though, you have not seen a lot and rely on others to do the searching for you.

sorry if it came off that way, I've read all day. In my book that gives clues about the swing, but I wanted to see if it is best for what I do so googled and found the java 2d and information JavaFX, from what I read the swing was discontinued and JavaFX will replace it. This is my first time making the user interface and just wanted to run it with the community to see if I learn something right to get the game 2d made, while learning something valuable that I would be able to be used for other projects as I Learn more ,

I have seen the oracle documentation / tutorials on JavaFX and think im taking the basics, but the tutorials on their site doesnt go too far.

If taking Java in school, they will probably teach AWT and Swing. Yes, both of them should be abandoned, but is still used in schools, and FX is the way to go. I believe the FX uses a markup language that make the layout more inline and easier to work with.

If you are working on a study on your own, you like this: Pro JavaFX 8
Frederick

Return to Programming Tutorials