BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Programming Tutorials

Should i learn HTML and PHP?

by Cheney » 2016-02-15 13:13

Hi,
First I'm new to this website so send me to hell if necessary.
I'm studying industrial design (so it's not really a web designer but technical mindset focused) and the good I want to start some kind of a web page to present yourself.
It's the basic functions will be:
- Presentation of my work and some information about me (so a kind gallery a)
- Sort the comments section for individual pieces
- Some neat style (! Astonishing striking thing mooving ... jk ... most)
So, with little or no experience in coding (some classes at school), how shoud i start?
Is there a platform that can manage things listed and is not that demanding? (As in, what can OutSystems do and it's something for me?) Is there a site that focuses on this that I only managed missed when looking for? (Have not been looking long)
Or, do I just have to learn HTML and PHP? (And in the case that: the program what should I code?)
Cheney

by Franklin » 2016-02-16 1:42

You could go the CMS route, WordPress, Joomla, and a world of others all easily accomplish this.
Franklin

by Milanda » 2016-02-16 19:23

The easiest way would be a wordpress template but then your site looks like many other sites.
Another way would be to learn HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP and develop your own template.
Milanda

by Forrest » 2016-02-17 16:53

If you don't want to write code yourself there are free Wordpress themes can be used on the web.

If you want to learn how to create web sites, on the other hand it is not so difficult to create your own Wordpress theme. The Wordpress documentation is good and easy to follow along in with.
Learn HTML, CSS and PHP
Forrest

by Randall » 2016-02-18 11:17

You could use a content management system. Wordpress is the most powerful CMS and blogging platform today. And has a user-friendly interface so it will not be difficult for you to follow how the dashboard of their work. It also has many portfolio themes and plugins that you can use to make your portfolio site.
Randall

Return to Programming Tutorials