BlackHatPlus.com

A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

What language should i choose?

by Robert » 2016-02-06 15:34

I won't give all the details on my site, but I need help to choose a programming language to make a web application that is capable of doing some things... Currently finished a course of learning basic HTML/CSS following that is taking a course paid to learn HTML5 and CSS3, I know you need these to make the basic site, but for the web app needs to ensure an application will be able to do some things...

able to do a basic questionnaire of visual interactive with photos and animations
able to match the answers that a user has entered or selected with other users on the site when the user is on or offline
able to do simple multiplayer games
able to make an Instant Messenger
You can send messages normally (not instant)

I need information on this, please and thank you. I didn't know where to post this message that I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area
Robert

by Herman » 2016-02-07 2:45

If you don't know enough to know that virtually any language can do most things (although most likely will need Javascript for the bit of animation), then probably are not ready to do either of those things.
Herman

by Garry » 2016-02-07 22:04

I want to give two points:
1) Any reasonable web framework can be used to do the type of things you mention
2) PHP is always a bad idea.

I suggest that choosing something and learn and see how.
Garry

by Craig » 2016-02-08 18:03

I would probably recommend Python as a first language for aspiring web developers today. It is a good language in general, and together with a micro-framework like bottle, it is relatively easy to learn.

Do not go for ASP.NET or Java at the beginning. For those learning curve is too steep for beginners, in my opinion. Best face after the test out simple languages.

FYI, don't pay to much attention to the PHP haters. Definitely has its problems, but the supporters of another language as blowing it all way in proportion. It is a popular language, both in terms of use and as a punching bag. One of the reasons for its popularity is really how easy that is to start for beginners, in relation to most of the other languages.
Craig

Return to Programming Tutorials