BlackHatPlus.com

A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Must i learn PHP and HTML to succeed?

by Vernon » 2016-01-27 15:42

I am currently in the process of learning php from scratch, I'm not sure how long this will take, but so far in a single day, and I quite understand all the basics to logic operators.

The reason why I decided to go this route, is because I was aware of could comply with a gloss of lack (of some guy at fiverr) site or pay exorbitant sums of money when I know that I am a fast learner who can probably do as good as any moderately skilled programmer intermediate level.

Do I wonder, it will be worth it, or I am I get lost in some unknown resource which can obfuscate my lack of technical knowledge? I'm wasting my time?

A silly question I know. My brain is fried now of no food, coffee and hours playing with the writing.
Vernon

by Toby » 2016-01-28 3:15

I think that you don't have to learn php or html. It helps if you want to customize code yourself. But there are many templates and forms that you can customize most of the software without entering the code thoroughly, is not necessary.

It really depends on what you want to do. Over the years I have learned how to move php code although I still can't write it from scratch. Unless you want to create their own sites from scratch, learn it well it seems a waste of time. If you can follow along with how it is segmented code so that you can move or edit blocks of it if you need it, it seems to be enough.

I think that everyone should know the very basics of html and css, but again, if it can follow along in what does not break the code by accident, is quite sufficient.
Toby

by Klein » 2016-01-28 22:47

It' good to understand and struggled a little bit to gain experience to understand how nest things to do whatever he wants. This so to outsourcing are able to think webdevelopement, and explain what you want. I myself have subcontracted to a project. But I'm active in development and they are explaining what I need in detail. Without the "basic" knowledge would be difficult. To understand how to create the automated site and connect many different services in a dynamic page.
Klein

by Carlton » 2016-01-29 10:27

Now you can find many people to do this for you for $5-10 dollars.
In my opinion learning all this is a waste of time, when it could be used to learn something more productive.
I was a graphic designer and I've used to create blogs and webpages of landing for many sellers.
Carlton

by Jeffery » 2016-01-29 21:22

In my experience you'd better hire someone.

Frankly, you won't find someone who will write a strong program on fiverr. For $5 you will probably fix/tweak, but to make a complete application by zero? Not for $5.

Focus on your strengths and hire good quality people to do things that can't or don't want to do.

By the time you've learned how code, then try to what you want to do, is all errors, then try and fix all errors in code, find more errors and correct the errors. An experienced programmer would have ended the program then and could have started making money out of it, but they stuck even in encoding mode.

Many people that they can come up with a great idea for an app with great features, but they forget to realize that you have to think of everything that can go wrong so you can avoid that.

It seems that you're working on a basic script, and you're fried. What will happen when it is in full use and something goes wrong, and the people are wanting it fixed immediately?
Jeffery

Return to Programming Tutorials