BlackHatPlus.com

A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Tips to Migrate HTML Design to Joomla

by Hector » 2015-12-07 11:25

I have Google it for a lot of times and only get a marketing bu-RAM about companies that charge an arm and a leg to turn an HTML design in a Joomla template. All I want is a frickin ' frickin ' tutorial on how to turn frickin ' HTML in Joomla!

If necessary, I will as a hostage to internet for 1 million minutes of teach me how to do that.

No, really, no one can point to a tutorial or something so I can migrate from HTML for Joomla?
Hector

by Norman » 2015-12-08 11:19

What I don't like with the CMS is that HTML code they're big and not very flexible. When you want to do something that is completely original, you must change the HTML and change HTML CMS is not a good idea, unless You really know what you are doing and how the update software can interact with your changes. In addition, CMS template is usually divided into modules, so that when you have developed a unified layout with lots of all kinds of interactions between the modules can be difficult to split it.

This comment is not really helpful, but I had to spit it out. I recently did the conversion and it was a pain in the ass.
Norman

by Frederick » 2015-12-08 22:47

I agree with you somewhat. My last employer had something about doing a lot of projects in WordPress, WordPress is not bad, I'm just not used to it. It took months for me to really understand all the parts, but I did not try that have and have always had other work I do outside WordPress project.

When you understand the pieces were not bad, but several jobs at once.
Frederick

by Johnmicheal » 2015-12-09 8:09

Yes, and there are at least three large general purpose CMS you should know (Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla!). It's a lot to learn, especially when you think that the major update can bring a lot of changes, so you have to learn all the time. When you are a small company, you can not afford to do that so you have to specialize in one CMS, thus limiting the number of clients you can have, and the worst thing about it is that CMS restrict what you can do on the front end as well: no brings something new. backoffice great, but it was the purpose of the CMS so that it better be ...

Sorry I'm rambling again but I do not like where the industry is heading webdesign, only benefit big companies with lots of specialized workers.
Johnmicheal

Return to Programming Tutorials