BlackHatPlus.com

A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

What language should i learn?

by Haribabu » 2016-02-01 10:16

I hope that i can work with dynamic data without having to use visual studio or any development environment. I have some knowledge of html, css, javascript, jquery bit and I wanted something where I can only use a simple text editor to write and test (without running the server). What language should I learn?
Haribabu

by Affiliatehelpr » 2016-02-02 8:25

A server side language requires a server. So, you are looking at javascript.
Affiliatehelpr

by Randolph » 2016-02-02 22:34

If you do not want to use a server at all, then your only option is to use Javascript to load local files, which you need to change the security settings of the browser to allow that, since you're not using a server and then process the data in Javascript. Yes, JSON, would be an option for a format.
Randolph

by Cameron » 2016-02-03 16:12

You can not write to a file with Javascript. You can use localStorage, or database WebSQL, or even just a cookie. How bad it will be if the website randomly can only begin to make a lot of files on your computer? No, you can not do that with Javascript and default settings on each browser. Some browsers may have a special API to write to a file if you want to change settings related, I'm not sure.
Cameron

by Anthony » 2016-02-04 3:51

Cameron wrote:You can not write to a file with Javascript. You can use localStorage, or database WebSQL, or even just a cookie. How bad it will be if the website randomly can only begin to make a lot of files on your computer? No, you can not do that with Javascript and default settings on each browser. Some browsers may have a special API to write to a file if you want to change settings related, I'm not sure.

So I've seen examples where information is written to the xml file, which is located in the xml file servers, right?
Anthony

Return to Programming Tutorials