BlackHatPlus.com

A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

How can i achieve this functionality?

A place where you can discuss any topics about tutorials with other members

by Eugene » 2016-02-01 12:12

Hello, everyone. I am developing a website and on which I would like there to be a part where there will be a few texts such as: ". Delete it" Users will hover your mouse cursor over it (which will turn into a style different cursor) and they will move the mouse around and the text would "remove" reveal text underneath says something like "Good job!" (Do not worry about what the text says; I'm just trying to illustrate the overall functionality)

I have seen other websites achieve this although I do not remember which one, and I do not know how this is done.

Can someone guide me to something that will help me achieve this function?
Eugene

by Dave » 2016-02-02 11:21

The jQuery site does this with most of their examples.
Dave

by Hector » 2016-02-03 11:59

If you have not yet decided whether to use flash yet, how this might work for you, use a canvas.

http://jsfiddle.net/n9zbeymo/

I think it's pretty simple,

I only have a mouse event there to save the position of the cursor, thus removing more than where the mouse.

Text "Good Job!" drawn to the screen whenever the mouse event is triggered, which may be inefficient.
Hector

by Affiliatehelpr » 2016-02-04 8:18

For working up, the MouseDown event that the state "hold" lights in your code, and mouseup in turn, hold off. In the event MouseMove can find out if waiting is on or off.
Affiliatehelpr

Return to General Discussion