BlackHatPlus.com

A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Question about flipping a website and images

A place where you can discuss any topics about tutorials with other members

by Jeffery » 2016-01-12 10:21

I'm not too sure about this so here's the question.
I have a site that has pictures on it that I have the right to from sites like iStockphoto, Fotolia, etc. Now I want to sell the site but do not know how this affects the image on the site?
In other words I can sell the site with a picture or do I have to remove it? I have often wondered about this in the past but never needed to know until now.
Jeffery

by Eugene » 2016-01-13 1:24

If you sell a lot of websites with the same image. Then the template extended license required. If only one picture ... Well, good to use regular license. I asked for a stock photo for a particular purpose. License Template typically 50-100 credits each and a regular license is one credit or more.

Usually, I take my own pictures with my own camera. As there are different rules for each stock photo agencies. Get it in writing to if you can transfer images. Oh yes, for new website owners. There are some institutions that do not allow you to transfer the owner.
Eugene

by Nicolas » 2016-01-13 20:18

Read the fine print on any stock image sites you use, and if it is still not clear, it is best to ask them.

I am sure there will be other sites with the same image (causing regular license the same should have been sold to others as well) so you'll be just another site to use them, but, I think it is best to know for sure when it comes to copyright / allowed use.
Nicolas

by Rolando » 2016-01-14 15:43

Most of the time, this photograph can be sold at the site are paid. However, it is better to send an email to their support for confirmation or read their terms if available.
Rolando

by Jeremiah » 2016-01-15 11:15

I ever buy images from iStockphoto. If my memory serves me correctly, there is a description of the "right" for each image. The other members to read the fine print is right.
Jeremiah

Return to General Discussion