BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Proxies and VPN Section

I have a question of youtube monetization and copyright?

Share your free proxies and vpn and discussions here.

by Victor » 2015-12-08 9:13

I don't know it is the right section to post copyright things, but whaterver...
My question is I'm thinking about starting a Let's Play channel on Youtube. Problem is video games are copyright material of course and can't be monetized. Soooo, I was going to have to 2 different channels both with similar names (to denote being owned by the same user), but one would be for my Let's Plays and the other would be for monetization purposes where I'll post random videos. Movie reviews, game reviews, science/tech news, gossip...whatever comes to mind. I figured I'd use the Let's Play channel as a way to funnel people to the monetized channel...but is that against Youtube regs? Can you have a monetized channel and another channel with copyright material that has a link to the monetized channel for people to go to....and owned by the same user?
Victor

by Yves » 2015-12-09 10:18

I don't know what exactly mean. Ok now listen, on youtube people do post copyright materials but with permissions or acknowledgement, so If you want to earn money with Youtube. Try to create some awesome videos to watch for people and implement your earning method in it (whatever you use).

The question to get banned is yes you could if you copy an official company's product. You can upload Game walkthrough and stuff like that. Keep in mind that you have to generate traffic.
Yves

by Victor » 2015-12-09 20:18

Yves wrote:I don't know what exactly mean. Ok now listen, on youtube people do post copyright materials but with permissions or acknowledgement, so If you want to earn money with Youtube. Try to create some awesome videos to watch for people and implement your earning method in it (whatever you use).

The question to get banned is yes you could if you copy an official company's product. You can upload Game walkthrough and stuff like that. Keep in mind that you have to generate traffic.

I mean how about having two different channels, both owned and controlled by me, but with two different accounts. One account for monetizing, the other for the Let's Play walkthroughs. Since I can't monetize Let's Play videos without permission from the company, I was going to advertise the monetized channel and have links to the monetized channel on the Let's Play channel. Again, they're 2 different accounts with similar names though so subscribers know they're both owned by me and hopefully I can pull them over to the monetized channel too. The monetized channel will have links to my clothing line website and will be 100% original with no copyright material.

I just wanted to make sure I could do that without Youtube trying to say since the same person owns a channel with copyright material and has links to a monetized channel...that the monetized channel is guilty of some sort of infringement even though it's a totally different channel. Does that make sense???
Victor

Return to Proxies and VPN Section