BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Social Media Optimization

Tips to improve search engine results for videos

Social Media is a huge source of potential traffic, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz or any other social platform. Discuss how to get traffic here.

by Doyle » 2015-05-15 10:26

There are special tips to help improve your search engine results for videos? I am growing my personal training business and I see improve my site's search results, but they are not the results for youtube exercise videos that I post.

When I do a search on "Personal trainer of Ottawa", there's a guy in town whose videos appear to cover the first several pages of results from Google video. I really don't know why his stuff is getting top ranking and mine aren't on the radar. I have no # of views, but many of my videos have views than his. I looked at the marks that it uses, and both use personal trainer of Ottawa. Despite using more video-marks that could be hurting me?

I don't know how many calls he has, but I think less than I do as I have more views.

Do you have some ideas?
Doyle

by Horace » 2015-05-15 22:59

I guess that he is focusing on publishing your videos on many other platforms in addition to youtube and has tons of backlinks to your videos. You may want to try deleting your videos in other services.
Horace

by Travis » 2015-05-16 10:47

You must perform onpage optimization, it will not only improve the video itself, but also the channel where he uploaded to.Also tagging your video with your keywords is very important. A good tip about the tagging is to check the tags on the video competitors, and put some of these tags in your heart.
Travis

by Nicolos » 2015-05-16 23:34

People must be well optimized its video. To optimize, you should:

- Include your logo and website in video
- Include main keywords in the title and description to make the video you're looking-friendly
- Video Post a short, compact and quality
- Creating a viral video
- Post a video response (which help you rank for keywords mentioned in the comments)
- Posting videos during morning / afternoon US time
- Comment on other related videos often
- Include a link to your website while guests commented
- Post video in the series (as far as possible)
Nicolos

by Haribabu » 2015-05-17 17:53

Personally, the video for me is more than a more visually appealing way to attract readers. Not every reader will want to be just read. Many will want to listen to music and many want to see the effects of moving. I think the video would help, but not much.
Haribabu

by Markroberts » 2015-05-18 17:03

I have a good tip to check the tags of a competitors video, and place a couple of these tags in yours. Hope that will help.
Markroberts

Return to Social Media Optimization