BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Social Media Optimization

How to start with brand new twitter account.

Social Media is a huge source of potential traffic, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz or any other social platform. Discuss how to get traffic here.

by Jesse001 » 2015-01-01 8:14

I have a question, I'm tweeting the odd quote and comment every few hours. I retweet an occasional post that I like. And I reply to tweets that are relevant and I can have a conversation.

Is this the best plan? I figure if people look at my account there should be something to actually give them an idea. Got a laugh from one of the people I replied to. And another one favourited and retweeted my response. And had a back and forth with another person.

Although none of these people have followed me. But, is this the best strategy? Or should I buy some followers just so nobody has to be the first person to follow me?
Jesse001

by tomblack » 2015-01-02 10:36

The follow is my way you can see .You can follow people by searching for hashtags and keywords and hope that they will follow you back. You can try out twitter directories. Just try and be relevant. You'd be better off starting a blog and generating content to share rather than quotes and such as there are just so many of those and most are considered spammy/bots.
tomblack

by JamesTorres » 2015-01-03 10:34

tomblack wrote:The follow is my way you can see .You can follow people by searching for hashtags and keywords and hope that they will follow you back. You can try out twitter directories. Just try and be relevant. You'd be better off starting a blog and generating content to share rather than quotes and such as there are just so many of those and most are considered spammy/bots.

Whatever,thanks for your reply. Yeah I'll keep adding people, aiming to keep it below 15-20 a day so my account doesn't look spammy.

The twitter account will be part of a wider, much wider net. I'm in the process of setting up a blog, just waiting for the domain to be transferred. Got 20k worth of content done, plus 30-40 more articles to write. Twitter will be a fundamental pillar and so working on trying to get followers.
JamesTorres

Return to Social Media Optimization