BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Social Media Optimization

Tips to catch a scammer on Facebook

Social Media is a huge source of potential traffic, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz or any other social platform. Discuss how to get traffic here.

by Carlos » 2016-02-01 12:36

Lately I have received MANY friend requests on Facebook and I am usually quite conservative about accepting friends. If we have a mutual friend, I would probably accept the request.

With that in mind, I noticed a couple of friends this will start a chat with me for several reasons. Whatever the reason, if it involves money or be more than friends, I have now decided to turn the tables on them.

The latest is a nice looking woman who claimed to be a pastor in Pakistan derived from NY to work special church and asked for prayer. (By tomorrow it will be the money I'm sure)

What I do is give them the link when chatting with them that should provide more information about my company and maybe how I can help them.

When they went there, he captures their IP addresses, where they are located and other interesting information on them. It also allows them now they've just tacked and if they think I'm BS'ing them, they can ask me for the info I have on them.
Carlos

by Benson » 2016-02-01 22:41

Yes, ah, why you would accept random people on Facebook? If you are marketing, it makes sense to increase the random people, perhaps something they blast walls. However, I will not accept people who go through all the trouble of capturing their IP and other ...
Benson

by Edmund » 2016-02-02 15:13

I'm really picky about these things as well, I use it to take anyone who comes to me, but now it really stresses me at how much junk mail I get from these people on facebook. Select the people who want to actually network with you.
Edmund

by Christian » 2016-02-03 11:56

This often happens, especially in my university. I accept people who are from my college, but there are a lot of people who pretend to be students of people. I just unfollow them, I found that they are trying to spam me. I click on a link or two, I'm new to the Facebook (which is a virus), and since then, if one of my friends send unknown link, I either cancel or ignore these concerns. This thing you can not quite in the social network I want to avoid.

Incidentally, this is a cool script, an elegant way to deal with spammers.
Christian

by Hubert » 2016-02-03 22:06

Getting new friends on Facebook is not a bad thing. It's bad when these people try to sell their garbage.

If your goal is to get people to be your "friend" and have them join your company, although its connection and then accept them.

You don't have to waste your time and chat with them. Your goal is to have more and more people see your affiliate link or what you are selling.
Hubert

Return to Social Media Optimization