BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Social Media Optimization

Which Is Better YouTube To Sales Page Or To Blog First?

Social Media is a huge source of potential traffic, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz or any other social platform. Discuss how to get traffic here.

by Franklin » 2016-01-29 10:14

Hello, everyone.

A dilemma. Should I take traffic from YouTube directly to a page of Clickbank sales (via a link aff) or a blog? The blog will have links to the sales page of CB. The niche is praise written, so there is no point in collecting emails on the blog. Is a kind of deal.

I'm thinking that a blog can help cold hot traffic? I know that calling direct from YT to a CB sales page has a low conversion rate on sales, 1:200, at best, 1:1000s normally, i.e. If a sale ever made at all.

I have always linked directly from YT-is there a better way?

I need your suggestions, really appreciate.
Franklin

by Forrest » 2016-01-29 23:28

YouTube video to squeeze page. Squeeze page for salespage. Now, you have them in your list and can forward to them during the next couple of weeks. Very few people buy a product the first time they see it. That's why follow-up is vital to your success.
Forrest

by Randall » 2016-01-30 14:42

I'm not sure this is the best approach to promote a product that has additional sales is not clear. As you say, this is quite a lot of time!

I would always recommend promoting something that allows you to build a list you can market too in the future. Hard work is in getting traffic so you want to get the most value from it.

The only exception to this would be where you have a very high ticket products or conversion rates are excellent, whether there are likely to be true here.

That being said, you want your video to give the ' what ' but not the ' how '. You refer them to your blog to a part of the ' how ' and from there into products for the rest of the ' how '. If that makes sense!
Randall

by Matt » 2016-01-31 3:44

You know that I would do the youtube to squeeze, then subscribe is the product most of the time. If it's a short life as a new trend or something, so sometimes I go youtube product, cause I don't want to lose the sale. The product won't be here in a few weeks or at least not hot, and they have the chance to look elsewhere, so I want that cookie as quickly as you can.

Note, edited: I know someone said youtube penalizes for affiliate link. I would never do that anyway I use pretty links to cloak my links. I have never been penalized for it.
Matt

by Adrian » 2016-02-01 15:46

According to the recent changes, it is better to refer them to your website/blog in the first place, (constant traffic is also good for your site, you can help increase the rank) and then forward them directly to your sales page.
Adrian

Return to Social Media Optimization