BlackHatPlus.com A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

Black Hat SEO

Link Baiting?

Black Hat Search Engine Optimization. This is the best place to talk about Black Hat SEO methods. Learn and discuss Black Hat ways to improve your sites ranking using Black Hat SEO tactics.

by Craig » 2016-02-19 11:41

Hey Guys,
I am newbie in SEO. I have a basic question. What is link baiting? How does it work?
Thank you.
Craig

by Frederick » 2016-02-20 14:18

Link Bait is basically a piece of content placed on a web page - whether it's an article, blog posts, images, or other parts of the virtual world - which is designed for a specific purpose of collecting links from many different sources as possible.
Frederick

by Hector » 2016-02-21 2:32

Link bait encourage others to link to you. Link bait is generally happening in your niche area. For example, I wrote in content writing, copy writing and blogging on this blog, and if I write something that is very interesting, people are interested in these subjects would like to link to my post.
Hector

by Elias » 2016-02-22 8:59

Linkbait is essentially a piece of content placed on a web page - whether it's an article, blog posts, images, or other parts of the virtual world - which is designed for a specific purpose of collecting links from many different sources as possible.

With the advent of the blogosphere sites, meritocracy and social bookmarking, what is needed is an interest in the site, someone to look at the page, and a few people to share links - and before you know it, you are subject to a large number of links on various sites.

Modern life is a great example of this - after just launched the site a few days ago, our article about the common password accrued huge amount of interest. According to Yahoo, the domain MLIR now has 1,240 backlinks, all within about a week.
Elias

by Orlando » 2016-02-24 12:13

Craig wrote:Hey Guys,
I am newbie in SEO. I have a basic question. What is link baiting? How does it work?
Thank you.

Link baiting means use interesting/informative/useful information that will attract people and let them to want to link to your website. You could put whatever things you like on your website. Generally is flooding hidden text/words using keywords people are looking for on your website. Then Google or other search engines are more than likely to list your site in their results. It is not a blackhat seo technique, but a very good technique. The success of link baiting depend on attractiveness and freshness of your content.
Orlando

Return to Black Hat SEO