BlackHatPlus.com

A forum about BlackHat and Beyond

How to choose a right blog platform?

Questions, comments and discussions in the field of Affiliate Marketing.

by Carlos » 2016-01-05 17:42

I'll start a new blog. I'm really confused because I do not know which blogging platform is good for me. Some say that bloggers are better then wordpress because it had less likely to be hacked. Some say that it is good for seo wordpress plugin and have a better and themes in comparison with the blogger. What do I do now?

please give some advice
Carlos

by Benson » 2016-01-06 1:45

According to my own experience, I would say WordPress. Very functional, easy to use and a lot of great plugin.

I will not be fixed on the hacking aspect, which may be hyped up. Why do you blog targeted?
Benson

by Edmund » 2016-01-06 17:47

Google may have a blogger blog down anytime they wish. They own the site, not you. Wordpress has a variety of themes and plugins available and lots of tutorials on the net if you need help using it.

Get accommodation, get a domain, install Wordpress whether the site is truly yours.
Edmund

by Christian » 2016-01-07 16:13

Do not get confused between Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org. Wordpress.com, Blogger and other solutions as free blog, is not a self-hosted blog so you really do not have or have their own domain name.

Wordpress is a platform for free and open source to be installed in its own hosting service. Although this will cost some money per month for web hosting, you own and have full control over the blog.
Christian

by Benjamin » 2016-01-08 11:23

I think beginner's point of view that wordpress is the best platform. That's what I used for my first blog and still use today to build several types of websites. WordPress is easy to install and maintain, and adding the content is quite simple and there are plugins you can use to drip feed your content, so you don't have to log in and update constantly.
The sheer of the themes also make it easy to customize and can build any kind of site you want. There are many plugins to assist in everyday rush of your blog and make life easier, including helping with seo, opt-in forms, contact forms, pop-ups, adding videos/audio and monetizing your blog with ad banners or adsense. You can also get very cheap custom headers, logos ect on fiverr to build your brand and make it stand out from its competitors.
Benjamin

Return to General Discussion